So Rosie O'Donnell is replacing Meredith Viera on The View.
Right, I don't see how this is a phenomenal move on the part of ABC. First of all, they already have one brash, funny New Yorker: Joy Behar. The (relative) appeal of The View is that the show was always based around five very different women with very different viewpoints. So, prototypically, they should have found someone similar to Viera (hard-news, inquisitive mother/journalist) to replace her.
Instead, they went with Rosie O'Donnell, who maybe back when she was "The Queen of Nice" would have been a valid choice. But the Rosie O'Donnell of late is a little strange (check out her blog: www.rosie.com) and way too in my face about her political views. Believe what you want, Ro, but don't stand on your soapbox and shove your opinions at me. The View is giving her a vehicle to do just that.
Now, I don't watch The View. I don't like it. I don't care for Meredith Viera. I liked Rosie when she did her talk show and I think that maybe her politics and her sexual orientation will create some healthy debate. But, I don't really want to hear her ranting everytime a non-democrat is on the show.
And as a sidenote, Rosie has been hugely critical of Star Jones and how she has handled her weight loss. That should make for an interesting dynamic.
Poor Elisabeth Hasselback -- she's the only normal one left.
Job interview this afternoon. Cool company. Cool job. Say a prayer for me.
Have an awesome weekend, everyone :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment